PICKUP, DROPOFF, AND ASSISTANCE BOARDING
Hyde Shuttles provides curb to curb or, if needed, door to door service. Drivers will assist you with boarding and de-boarding. Under no circumstances can drivers enter your apartment or house. Questions about where you will be picked up and where you will be dropped off can be answered when you reserve a ride.
Be on time. Allow up to 15 minutes before and 15 minutes after your pickup time due to traffic delays. We will call you if the delay is longer or if we expect to arrive early. We cannot guarantee that we can take you to all your appointments. However, we will try.
WILL OTHER PEOPLE BE ON THE VEHICLE WITH ME?
Hyde Shuttles is a shared ride service. Other people will likely be on the vehicle with you. The vehicle may make several stops to pick up and drop off other riders during your trip.
CAN I BRING MY WHEELCHAIR, SCOOTER, OR WALKER?
Riders can bring mobility devices. Our vans are equipped with lifts. Acceptable devices include wheelchairs, walkers, scooters, and canes. When you make a reservation, declare the mobility device you use. Drivers will make sure mobility devices are secured.
Portable oxygen is allowed. Do not obstruct aisles.
CAN THE DRIVER DROP ME OFF FIRST?
Drivers must perform their pickups and drop-offs in the assigned order. They are not permitted to deviate from their scheduled routes. The routes are designed to meet the needs of all riders as efficiently as possible. It is common for other riders to be picked up and dropped off before the first rider reaches their destination—there is no “first-on, first-off” rule.
In some cases, it may be necessary for the vehicle to pass near your drop-off location in order to perform another pickup or drop-off on time, before returning to complete your trip.
CAN I TAKE A FRIEND, FAMILY MEMBER, OR PERSONAL CARE ATTENDANT WITH ME?
One person can ride with you to assist you if you are unable to travel alone. When making a reservation, tell the reservationist you require an attendant.
CAN I BRING A SERVICE ANIMAL?
Yes. A service animal is a guide dog or other animal trained to work with or perform tasks for a person with a disability. The animal must be leashed or contained, be well-behaved, and under control of the owner. The animal must remain at your feet or on your lap.
HOW MANY BAGS CAN I BRING?
Carry-on items should fit on your lap and under your seat. Items should not exceed what you can safely handle. Total weight should not exceed 20 pounds. Do not block aisles or place items on another seat. Drivers can assist you with your bags including loading and unloading.
WHAT IF I DON’T SHOW UP FOR MY RIDE?
It is best to call by noon the day before if you need to cancel. Riders may be suspended with too many no-shows.
Hyde Shuttles does not operate on these days:
New Year’s Day, Martin Luther King Day, Presidents Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day,
Labor Day, Veterans Day, Thanksgiving Day and the Friday following, and Christmas Eve and
In the event of bad weather or emergency-related conditions, riders are encouraged to call 206-727-6262 for an update or check our site for weather and traffic updates on our routes.
HOW DO I COMMENT ON MY RIDE EXPERIENCE?
A form for your comments can be obtained from your driver.
Hyde Shuttles are free. Nonetheless, donations are appreciated. Give the driver your donation or mail it to:
Hyde Shuttle Sound Generations
2208 Second Ave., Suite 100
Seattle, WA 98121.
RULES OF THE ROAD
- Wear seatbelts at all times.
- Remain seated while the van is moving.
- No smoking.
- No eating or drinking
Inappropriate behavior includes:
- Speaking or behaving abusively toward staff or other riders.
- Refusing to remain seated and buckled in.
- Being excessively noisy.
- Being under the influence of alcohol or illegal drugs.
- Spitting, urinating, or defecating.
- Serious health-related conditions including open wounds, bleeding, and contagious diseases.
- Bringing onto the van odors which disturb others whether from one’s person, clothes, service animal, or any other source.
- Carrying flammable or explosive liquids, weapons, firearms, or any material likely to cause harm to others.
- Engaging in criminal behavior.
- Discarding litter other than in approved receptacles.
- Impeding the flow of passenger traffic.
- Destroying or defacing property.
- Engaging in any discriminatory behavior towards drivers or other riders.
- Allowing someone else to ride using your name.
- Repeatedly not showing up for a ride.
SUSPENSION OF SERVICE
Rides may be denied to riders who repeatedly violate the RULES OF THE ROAD.
- First Offence – The driver will document and report the offence to a manager. The manager will call the rider, discuss the incident, and issue a warning letter.
- Second Offence – 14 day suspension.
- Third Offence – 30 day suspension.
- Subsequent Offences – 60 day suspension or termination of service.
All suspensions are subject to appeal to the Hyde Shuttles Operations Manager.